Designing design for designers. How does the internet listen? Can browsing feel conversational? What is the future for design/design methods? What's beyond the stickies?
- Browsing the website (static, generic, siloed) didn't feel like what it feels like to engage with the consultancy in person (user-centered, good listeners, relevant back and forth).
- Evolving new business model: away from referrals and outside of their existing network.
- Represent the gamut of concept-to-build services to an equally expansive set of client industries without pigeon-holing consultancy sub-groups OR clients. How do we balance serving users relevant content while also facilitating exploration and cross-pollinating adjacent services?
- Sub-plot: the project itself is also a vehicle for the company to see and understand itself in its new post-reorg form.
- Immersion! Working on-site at their Needham office twice a week. Observing and engaging.
- Using their tools – creative play to uncover key narratives and understand the shape and dynamic of the consultancy’s communication patterns.
- Immediate experimentation and prototyping of conceptual interaction and navigation patterns – starting with how interview assets were stored/explored/shared.
- Creation of a living document, a low-fidelity, high-strategy pattern guide, to facilitate conversations with stakeholders, developers, employees, partners