Taking previously-developed IP from a data-first approach to a human-first one A.K.A., it’s not about the bus!
- MVP was developed in less than a month, and gave parents direct access to the GPS locations of their children’s school busses, BUT didn’t include exploration of the full context and needs surrounding pick-up and drop-off
- Identify and engage previously overlooked user groups: school admins, non-English speakers, non-parental caregivers
- General research into morning rituals – what defines a good morning? A bad one? Afternoons?
- Outline a more nuanced list of users; assemble and prioritize giant list of assumptions to test
- Out-of-category research into push/pull content consumption expectations – do users want to information-seek, or receive txt notifications?
- Connect with parents using MVP for feedback, in-home observation
- Connect with districts, & compare them. What’s the same, what’s different?
- Assemble a sequence of events/expectations for districts ramping on to SchoolBot